Sunday 22 February 2009

4.4) African Gallery

"Zula & Bhasala" (Not for sale)

This painting was an early practice piece I did as a beginner at a workshop held by MIWAS. It was based very loosely on a painting I had seen by a brilliant artist called Bob Kuhn. I put it in for comment at a critique at the end of the workshop. It was severely but very constructively criticised by George Woodford. I learned so much from his honesty & went away to practice, practice, practice. The painting above is the reworked finished version, which has great personal value to me.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all your self.


The Three Musketeers"
Never let anyone steal your dreams!

"The Family" A monochrome study. (Sold)
The greatest happiness in life is to know that you are loved.