Sunday 22 February 2009

4.1) African Gallery

"Okavango Elephant" (Sold)
A scene that inspired me to visit Botswana.
Once you go to Africa you always want to return.
Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.

"Watching" (Sold)
Watching a leopard in its natural habitat, the beautiful timeless wilderness of Botswana.
In another life I watched this wild African leopard in Moremi Botswana while hanging off the side of a safari truck with one hand, camera in the other. No more than 12 foot between us. No glass or wire just a truck full of meals on wheels (my fellow Botswana buddies) & a herd of impala that this leopard was contemplating having for lunch. All of us together but also alone in the wilderness. Only the scorching midday sun delaying her ambitions. She looked right through me, she was so focused. My fear was gone I was there, in this wonderful place. This was one of the most breathtaking exciting moments of my life. Well times have changed & so has my life. I am in that zone, that focused place ready for the biggest challenge of my life.

"Timeless Wilderness" (Commission)
I have been so privileged to travel on several safari's to the remote game reserves of Botswana visiting the Okavango Delta, Moremi, Savute & Chobe. These adventures have provided me with memories & friends "Botswana buddies" that will last a life time.
.
The most difficult lesson to learn is: Which bridge in life to use or which one to break off.